by Kimberly Perkins, Green Apple Resources, LLC, NH
Do you find yourself repeatedly going to the menus at the top of your QuickBooks© screen to access the same feature, window, or report. You can customize your icon bar to access the features or windows in QuickBooks© that you use most often.
If you find yourself frequently using a particular feature/window, adding the window to your icon bar can speed up accessing it. To add a window to the icon bar:
- Open the window.
- Open the “View” menu and select “Add ‘Window’ to Icon Bar”.
- Enter the window name and description that you wish to see on the icon bar in the window that appears. Choose an appropriate icon from the images shown on the left side of this window and click OK.
- Close the window.
Now, you can quickly access the window by clicking the icon you just created from the top portion of your QuickBooks© program. You can also “clean-up” your icon bar, to get rid of little used icons, and generate more space for the icons you create.
- Open the “View” menu.
- Select “Customize Icon Bar”.
- Highlight the icon you would like to delete.
- Click delete.
- Continue until all icons you wish to delete are removed.
- Click “Ok”.
You’re done! What could be easier than that? Look at all the space you’ve created!
Do you need QuickBooks© training – or just someone to review and clean up your files on a regular basis, make the most of your reports, and help you with tax planning? We work with clients large or small and would be glad to talk to you about your current business or planned startup – email us to request a free consultation!